- Have relaxation days. Allot days for good rest to recover from a full itinerary. Catching up on sleep and simply walking at the park in the afternoon is a good way to recharge and be ready for the next adventure.
- Meet with family & friends who live in the area. Getting together with loved ones is worth the detour. Include it on your list of “must-do” 🙂
- Be thrifty, but be willing to pay for new experiences. I love bargains! I learned a few things when it comes to getting a good deal when traveling – buying souvenirs not within the tourist area is a lot cheaper ; taking trips to the grocery and bringing our own food gave us a lot of savings too. But, there were also instances when we needed to pay more especially if it’s for a new experience – those that we know we can only do once in a lifetime. It wouldn’t hurt to give in right?
- Choose fewer destinations & spend time in each. We appreciated each city’s charm when we spent a few days in the area. We had more time to enjoy what the place has to offer.
- Bring home best practices – One of the things I liked in San Francisco is that people are encouraged to ride bicycles going to their destination. I’d love to try that with my family when going to nearby places. Wouldn’t you try it too?
- Be grateful for ordinary & extra-ordinary moments. I realized that every moment during the trip – good or bad, simple or complicated, ordinary or extra-ordinary, lasting or brief are opportunities for gratefulness & joy. Slowing down and being present in the moment with the family is truly a gift in itself.
I always hear that the rewards of travel are priceless. It’s true. If you ask me, is it worth it? Definitely. Travel gives you a new perspective and meaning in life. Do it while you are still young, strong, curious & excited.
We were able to do it. So can you.
I encourage you to take the opportunity to travel, regardless of uncertainties. Remove the doubt in your hearts and replace it with trust that He will provide.
I hope I convinced you enough to plan your first or next destination with your family 🙂
Enjoy a Fun And Beautiful week!