Let’s bond and create more happy memories with our kiddos this summer!
Besides planning trips and outdoor activities, exploring Art is also a fun way we can spend time with our little ones. Art can be done anywhere, and even the simplest materials can create a masterpiece. It only takes the Artist in us to make this activity memorable for them. Don’t worry, anything you come up with is beautiful in your child’s eyes. Trust me. You just need to enjoy the moment!
Here are some ideas for you. These are some of my personal favorites because they are very simple and easy to do. All it takes is a little bit of imagination and creativity. Which one are you excited to try first? 🙂
- Try to make your own homemade clay and you’ll be amazed how fun & easy it is to make them.
- Combine art + science in this color explosion experiment. Just a warning though – be prepared to answer tons of “why” Q’s!
- “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.” – Pablo Picasso. Don’t you just love this quote? Let your child find inspiration from famous Artists to bring out the little Picasso in them.
- Introduce your child to the colors of the rainbow and the beauty of making music with this rainbow xylophone.
- Let your little chef prepare his/her food.
- Instead of buying new toys, why not help your child make their own?
- Old newspaper/magazine + empty Pringles can + brush + paste (cornstarch + water) = Paper Mache paint brush case.
- Don’t forget to make Easter eggs for next week!
I hope you’re excited to have an Artsy weekend. Before I end, I just want to share this lovely quote…
Don’t you agree?
Enjoy the F.un A.nd B.eautiful day! 🙂