It’s my moment, my special day. Happy Birthday to me! I woke up (extra) early today wondering what surprises await me. I know it’s going to be a great day! I can’t wait for this day to unfold.
Before the morning chaos, I had a “me” time conversation with the Father. Thanking Him for the abundance in my life – the wonderful people around me, the unexpected opportunities that led me to great things and the thoughtful moments that allowed me to discover my heart’s desires. I am grateful and blessed to be living the life I want.
As Abraham Lincoln put it, “And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years.” We always have a choice on how to live. I choose to live an “abundant” life. Here are some life lessons I learned along the way.
My 34 Life Lessons:
- Self-love is not selfish. Keep your love tank full. Take care of yourself and have small treats once in a while. You deserve it. It is easier to pursue your dreams and serve others if your needs are met. Go and schedule a “me” time in your calendar today!
- Simplify! You can be more productive if you less complicate things. Sometimes, the simplest things are the most meaningful.
- Always be grateful. “Thank you Father for another day you have given me.” A short, but a very meaningful prayer. The fact that you’re living another day gives you another chance in life. Make the most out of it.
- Move away from your comfort zone. Sometimes you need to push yourself to the unknown to discover your capabilities. It’s the only way you will grow.
- Why not wear stilettos? Somehow, women in stilettos feel confident, mighty and sexy. Red stilettos specifically are a head turner. I find it true that a woman who feels great knows she can make a difference in this world.
- Allow your creativity to flow. The weirdest ideas might be the key to your success.
- Let Go and Let God. Learn to let go and let God take charge of your life. You just need to trust Him to lead you to the right path.
- Failure gives you a chance to do better. If you are a very passionate person, consider failure as one of your greatest life challengers. Allow it to motivate and not stop you. Remember that failure helps you discover what you don’t know about the world and about yourself.
- Art is everywhere. Even your daily routine is an art. Just use your senses and appreciate the beauty around you. You will be in awe.
- De-clutter and organize. The sentimental feeling while going through your stuff can get into you, but the “letting go” part is such a breather. Why not try to live less and live more? It just feels great to have a clean and organized space.
- Eat well. Choose the right food. Eat in moderation and savor the first bite. You’ll definitely enjoy eating.
- Move it, shake it! Move your body at least fifteen minutes every day to create the energy you need for the day.
- Earn, invest AND share. Just a tip on how to use money wisely.
- When complimented, simply say “thank you”. Don’t forget to acknowledge and smile.
- Listen more. Focus on the person you are talking to even though there are a lot of things going through your mind. It is easier to contemplate, empathize and connect if you listen more.
- “I feel that…” In any argument, start by saying “I feel that…” It helps you focus on your feelings instead of throwing the blame on the other.
- Take advantage of the wisdom of the old. You’ll definitely get a glimpse of history first hand. There are also life lessons you can learn from them that will never grow old.
- Have food adventures occasionally. Each cuisine has a story to tell. Discover, learn and enjoy.
- Take many pictures as you can. You can easily create your life story with pictures. No words needed. It says it all.
- Makeup has a power to transform. It’s a tool you can express your uniqueness or hide your problem areas. With the right techniques, makeup can bring out the confidence and radiance in you.
- Create that extra “oomph” in your look and own it. Experiment with colors, accessorize and personalize your style. It will give you edge over others.
- Mommyhood brings out the selfless and fearless person in you. When you become a mom, you’ll move mountains for your family. It’s one of the most difficult roles in the world, but the most fulfilling.
- Raise a child explorer. Allow your children to wonder and be curious of the things around them. They learn easily about the universe that way.
- Believe in God’s right time. The waiting time might just be the preparation time God is giving you. Have faith that He has great plans for you.
- Work during the time of the day when your energy is high. You get the best results during your most productive time. Maximize it.
- Keep a notebook handy. There’s something in paper that technology cannot do. It feels different when you use the pen to write your to-do lists or doodle your feelings. No matter what it is, just have a notebook handy.
- Be kind to the world. Your small acts can make a difference. It’s not too late to change your ways.
- Create Ripples. You don’t need to do something big to make a difference. Why not start at home? Or give back by doing random acts of kindness? Whatever it is, it will surely make someone smile.
- Learn as much as you can. Fuel your mind, stay curious and gain more wisdom. It will make you an empowered woman.
- Do what you LOVE to do. It will create abundance in your life.
- Start small. Have the courage to start your passion with what you have. It is easier to learn and accept failures when there is still little at stake.
- “What is God teaching me about the world?” Every time you are uncertain, ask this question and work from there.
- “I am gifted and extraordinary”. Everyone has a unique talent. Instead of hiding it, why not share it with people who need it?
- Age gracefully. Be proud of your wrinkles; be proud of your white hair; be proud of all the physical changes that show the marks of wisdom and a well-lived life.