“I am a superwoman!” Hmmm…maybe not.
Sometimes, we try to be one because we believe it will make us a good wife, mother, daughter, friend and all the other hats that we are wearing. But the truth is – we end up overwhelmed, frustrated.
Women have a lot of pressures in her life. A lot. Everyday seems like a frantic race – doing wifey and motherly duties, taking care of the household, meeting deadlines etc…etc. And that’s our life. It’s part of who we are. Well, there’s nothing wrong in trying to be “super”. But often we forget that taking care of others is just as important as taking care of ourselves.
Say these words with me:
I am important.
I am worthy.
I deserve to be happy.
Don’t you think it’s about time that you make some changes? Looking into “me” – your health, interest, passion, dreams and ambitions will help bring back the balance in your life. Instead of burying all these underneath your obligations, why not work on them to make you feel whole and happy again?
If you tell me –
“But I feel guilty when I take me-time” Don’t! Because finding time nurturing yourself and fulfilling your hearts desires will make you better in what you do.
“But me-time is expensive and takes a lot of my time” It’s not. You’ll be surprised that a lot of “me” time only takes few minutes of your time each day. And a lot of it is for free!
So are you ready?
For starters, here are 22 things you can do for yourself in just 18 minutes:
2. Enjoy something in the moment Try to get pleasure from the gift of your senses – watch the world around you, listen to the sound of nature, feel the warmth of your surroundings, savor the ordinary and breathe the joy of life.
3. Squeeze in some exercise Do you know that 15 minutes of exercise can make a difference? Yup, it does. Try it.
4. Prettify and look your best all the time Before you head out, try to dress up with beautiful clothes. Oh, and don’t forget to put on your favorite lipstick too 🙂 It only takes a few minutes per day to look F.A.B. (fun and beautiful) so why not do it?
6. Schedule your “me” time appointment Wish you had more time to read your favorite book? Eager to have dessert with your sis? Then schedule “me” time in your calendar like any other appointments. Your “me” time has taken a back seat for a while so make sure to show up on the day ok?
7. Devour your favorite comfort food guilt free It’s not bad to indulge once in a while if it makes you happy right? Not only does it give you comfort, but it also bring back happy memories.
8. Do something with your hands and get artsy Has it been a while since you last felt the therapeutic effect of working with your hands? Here are simple DIY ideas you can start with – scrapbook, origami, DIY air freshener, DIY stationery set, accessory making, easy sewing projects and DIY herb garden.
9. Take mini breaks while working Sneak in some few stretches, take a walk for a change in environment, give in to short chats, enjoy a few good laughs or get your favorite drink to pep you up while working. It’s a great way to refresh and rejuvenate.
10. Spruce up your screen saver with things that inspire you May it be your favorite quotes, photos of your love ones, your dream destination or a calm scenery– all these help you focus and remind you of your purpose.
12. Savor your favorite tea or coffee while reading a chapter of a book One chapter at a time will make you look forward to the next…and the next…and the next. Therefore, it will make you look forward to your next “me” time. And that’s good right?
13. Catch up with someone you miss It’s just a phone call away so why delay?
14. Surround yourself with things that you love Look into your stuff and decorate your “me” space with the things that make you happy. Have colorful post-its, favorite pens and cute stationery at your desk to brighten your day. Bring out your favorites too which will remind you of your passion and interest.
16. Clear out the clutter one step at a time Start with the things you use often such as your handbag. It will help bring back organization and focus in your life.
17. Write or doodle your “happy” list Put in paper what’s in your heart. Like the things you want to buy, the places you want to go to, the people you want to meet, the moment you want to experience and the person you want to become. Your “happy” list will tell you a lot about yourself. So remember not to hold back.
18. Make more handwritten letters Handwritten letters are more personal. And it sends more LOVE. Why not give yourself a handwritten letter today? Then send more handwritten letters to your loves next.
19. Take a looong bath Sing and soak up. A long bath is definitely an instant lift and stress reliever to a very hectic day.
20. Find time to pause and be grateful Blessings do humble, strengthen and encourage you to live a good life. Try to count your blessings every day.
21. Go out and take deep breaths before you retire at night After all the chaos, go out and appreciate the night sky. Take deep breaths to calm your mind and body. Then you’re ready to have a good night’s sleep.
22. Talk to Him. I’ll never forget these lines mentioned by a priest during the mass “Prayer is a stop that keeps you going”. I agree. He’s always there to listen.
Did you find these “me” time moments easy to do? Are you excited to have your “me” time? Tell me how it goes. I’d love to hear it in the comments below.
More “me” time ideas next week. Come back soon ok?
Happy weekend! 🙂