Here’s one of our favorites – veggie balls. It is so easy and fun to make. I learned this from our Cleaner who comes to our Home once in a while. One afternoon, we were talking about how to make our kids eat veggies without them knowing it. I think she felt I’m desperate, so she selflessly shared this recipe.
And now, I’m sharing it to you. I’m sure you’ll like it. Try them and let me know what you think 🙂
You will need:
1 Puso ng saging (banana blossom), cleaned and chopped.
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2-3 Tbsp flour
1 egg, beaten
Salt & pepper to taste
- To clean, mix the finely chopped banana blossoms with at least 1 tbsp of salt and set aside for 10 minutes. Then, use a cloth or your hands to squeeze the banana blossoms until the sap is removed. Wash the banana blossoms with warm water and squeeze the excess water out.
- In a bowl, mix the chopped garlic, chopped onions and beaten egg.
- Put the cleaned banana blossom and flour to the mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Form it into small or medium-sized balls to cook evenly. Dust the balls with flour as you go. Put them into a clean plate. Pop the balls in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up before you cook them.
- On medium heat, prepare a frying pan with oil. Deep fry the veggie balls until they are golden brown. Strain the excess oil before transferring it on the plate.
- Serve the veggie balls with your favorite sauce on the side (ex. sweet & sour, ketchup, tartar).
- You will make 3-4 people happy.
Have a Fun And Beautiful Weekend! 🙂